Local tourists planning to visit the Philippines’ City of Pines in Baguio which recently reopened to visitors are advised to follow protocols before traveling to the Northern Luzon travel destination.
Baguio City, the favorite spot for visitors seeking the coolest climate in the Philippines, earlier opened its tourism facilities to city residents.
In October, the Baguio City government implemented the VISITA Baguio system as it welcomed visitors to safe travel around Baguio.
Baguio currently welcomes tourists from the Ilocos Region until mid-October and will open to visitors from Regions 2 and 3 afterward. The city government is planning to open to more tourists by November.
Here are the guidelines for people planning to be in Baguio include:
- Register and upload travel documents through the Baguio VISITA website
- Book travel agent and accommodations on Baguio VISITA
- Take a swab or antigen test 48 to 72 hours before the planned visit
- Acquire QR-coded travel pass required at checkpoints, upon checking in, and contact tracing purposes
- Pass through Naguilian Road or Marcos Highway
- No staying at relatives’ and friends’ homes
- Bring private vehicles (no public transportation available)
- No market visits (tour guides can make purchases for visitors)
- Observe 10 p.m. curfew
Baguio City reopened to a showcase of the Philippine ‘Jeepito’ to boost tourism.
Baguio visitors can also look forward to quicker travel through the Northern Luzon TPLEX travel route which has reduced Metro Manila-Baguio travel time to 3.5 hours.
Go to the Baguio VISITA website on http://visita.baguio.gov.ph/
CHECK OUT the Philippines’ community quarantine protocols, COVID 19 safety guidelines, and Tourism Guide.
WATCH this tourist video guide and SEND CHEERS in the comments below to the Baguio City community for welcoming visitors to the City of Pines!
Want to know how to be a Proud Pinoy? Like, Follow, Subscribe to GoodNewsPilipinas.com, and our socials on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Good News Pilipinas! TV on YouTube, for new story notifications, and e-mail newsletters for updates on more Filipino Pride stories.
The post Travel Guide for Tourists Planning to Visit Baguio City appeared first on Good News Pilipinas.